PUBLISHED BOOKS AND MONOGRAPHS
"Online Education: Practical, Theory-Based Advice for the Instructor".
Cognella Academic Publishing. (172 p., 2018)
- "Online Learning: All You Need to Know to Facilitate and Administer Online Courses". Hampton Press. (112 p., 2006) (out of print)
- "eLearning: Underlying Assumptions and Helpful Hints". THEMO Publishing. (94 p., 2002) (out of print)
- "eLearning in Academic Settings: An Introduction". THEMO Publishing. (17 p., 2002) (out of print)
- "Best Practices in eLearning Case Study". THEMO Publishing. (24 p., 2002) (out of print)
- "Making a Difference: A Guide to Fundraising and Nonprofit Management". THEMO Publishing. (105 p., 1998) (out of print)
- "Håndbok i kulturadministrasjon" (Handbook in Arts Administration) (100 p., 1993)
- "Musikkskolederen: Edderkopp i det kommunale kulturnett. En rapport om musikkskolelederens lønns- og arbeidsforhold" (A study of Norwegian music school principals) (28 p., 1993)
- "Students', Faculty Assistants' and Professors' Perceptions on How to Succeed in Online Courses.". In T. Bastiaens & G. Marks (Eds.), Proceedings of World Conference on E-Learning in Corporate, Government, Healthcare, and Higher Education 2013. (pp. 1872-1881, 2013, October). Chesapeake, VA: AACE. Learn more.
LECTURES AND PRESENTATIONS
I am currently giving approximately one presentation or lecture
per month on topics related to eLearning and
startup-companies, such as adoption patterns of this new innovation in universities and corporations,
organizational aspects of startup companies, eLearning design variables, and possible future
scenarios for this fast-growing industry.
"Professors' Adoption and Implementation of Problem-based Learning"
Adviser: Professor Edwin Bridges, Ph.D., School of Education, Stanford University
The study assesses individual change within an organizational framework, and is
based on in-depth interviews with professors who were attending a seminar on
problem-based learning (PBL) in 1993.
It analyzes their journey through the innovation-decision process, specifically if and how they use PBL.
Numerous articles in the Norwegian magazine "Schola" (Published by the Norwegian Ministry of Education and Research), for example:
Since 1986 I have published approximately ten articles in Norwegian publications,
such as "Musikknytt" (Music and Administration) and Aftenposten (Norway's leading newspaper)
on organizational issues, leadership, administration, education and music.
- "Livet etter eksamen": The use of problem-based learning in higher education
- "Rissværing med kultursjokk": Life as a Fulbright scholar at Stanford University
- "Problembasert læring i rektorutdanningen": The use of problem-based learning in educational administration
"Analysis and Application of the Norwegian Music School Model for Communities in the United States", 1992.
Adviser: Professor Anne Smith, Chair, the Arts Administration Program. Golden Gate University, California
Social Psychology and Sociology
- "Organizational Analysis, School of Management, Golden Gate University"
- "Perceptions Become Real In Their Consequences: An Analysis of Interpersonal Relationships with Potentially Disastrous Consequences in a Task Group"
- "Balancing on the Edge - And Falling Down on the Right Side: A Study of a Norwegian First-grader with Dyslexia"
- "Different Views on Gender in Norway and the United States"
- "Innovation and Dyadic Relationships: Implementing Problem-based Learning"
Education and Leadership
- "Problem-based Learning in Medical Education and Educational Administration"
- "Public Primary Schools in California and Norway"
- "Early Childhood Teacher Training"
- "Instructional Methods in Professional Education: Tracing the Roots of Problem-based Learning"
- "Getting Ready to Teach"
- "American Indian Contemporary Arts", an economic analysis of a smaller San Francisco museum
- "The Economics of Child Care"
- "Federal Music Project: Relief Programs for Musicians in the 1930s"